Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scouting

I love working with the scouts. This weekend the troop went up to Mt Hood to build snow caves and spend the night in them. It was a blast! Unfortunately I had to leave early so I couldn't spend the night but it was a great event.









5 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

The sledding looks like a lot of fun but I am not so sure about sleeping in the snow cave. I would be scared that it would collapse or that I would freeze, but I heard they are quite warm.

Anonymous said...

Fun times! Dave is the cubscout master and he loves it:) Looks like it was cold...brrr!

WILDE FAMILY said...

Those are some amazing photos!!! Hope you guys had a great holiday...it looks like you did. Maybe one day we can navigate ourselves up for a visit. It really was in the plan for last October, but then morning sickness sat in. Hope all is well!!!

Love Danny and Nichole

Patty said...

That is really cool. When I thought of you scouts going camping in the snow I thought of how cold and miserable you would be. I didn't realize there were so many things to learn about survival.
Did you ever make a snowcave?
Looks like you were all having a great time on the slope.

Unknown said...

that was SSOO much fun. loved ethans radio! cant wait to go snowboarding this month