Tavis and I had a blast this weekend. It was our first father and sons camping trip together. He will be three in a few weeks so I figured this was the year. All growing up I remember every May going with my Dad camping. It always was a great time. In Wyoming I remember my Dad teaching me how to skip rocks and going fishing in one of those big yellow inflatable rafts. I loved going fishing because my dad had a switch blade knife that I loved to play with! One year instead of sleeping in a tent my dad was really excited about being able to sleep in our new Colt Vista because you could turn it into a bed (that was cutting edge back then). In California we always went over to the coast and camped right next to a golf course. I am so glad for all those memories I have going camping with my Dad all growing up. I want to make sure Tavis has a great time too.

Tavis met a new buddy named Koye. In this video they are walking from the camp over to the Fort area where all the kids were playing. As you can see Koye had a dinosaur that Tavis is infatuated with.

Tavis met a new buddy named Koye. In this video they are walking from the camp over to the Fort area where all the kids were playing. As you can see Koye had a dinosaur that Tavis is infatuated with.
Before going to bed we went on a hike to the falls where We say some deer. tavis and Koye are checking out the deer.

The next day Tavis and I went on a 10 mile bike ride. He loved going down the hills and going off roading but was not happy when I had to stand up to peddle on the uphill parts.
The next day Tavis and I went on a 10 mile bike ride. He loved going down the hills and going off roading but was not happy when I had to stand up to peddle on the uphill parts.
5 comments:
What fun memories. I remember sleeping in the colt vista in our driveway. We thought that was so cool and fun, until 2 in the morning then we would sneak back into the house. I am glad that you had a great time with Tavis.
I'm so glad that you realize the importance of Father and Son Outings. Corcoran Branch was so good at it and each year was w4ll planned and fun. I liked the way at Morro Bay Campground you were in the trees and it looked like you were in the mountains but you were very close to the beach. The museum there was also pretty cool.
Tavis's hair looks red in the first picture. Does his hair have a red tint to it usually? I think of his hair as blonde.
I'm looking forward to figuring out how to view the videos better. I loved the pictures.
How fun! Such a great bonding moment for you and Tavis -- he will truly treasure that experience.
How fun! Such a great bonding moment for you and Tavis -- he will truly treasure that experience.
looks like a blast!!! poor lil vinny wishes he had a son... want to share? =)
Post a Comment